Published: October 13, 2015
Several members of HDI will be making presentations or exhibiting at the Association of University Centers on Disabilities Annual Meeting November 16-18. Below is a list of our session so you can come visit us and learn more about what we’re doing at HDI and how our ideas can be adapted for other programs:
- At the poster session on Monday, November 16 from 9am-10:15am and 10:30am-11:45am, Meada Hall will be exhibiting a poster on “AIM! Advocacy and Inclusion on a Mission: Creating Natural Networks and Community Access for Students with Disabilities.”
- At the poster session on Monday, November 16 from 9am-10:15am and 10:30am-11:45am, Barry Whaley will be sharing a poster on “Does Participation in Higher Education Improve Life Outcomes for Students with Intellectual Disability?”
- At the evening poster session on Monday, November 16 from 5:15-7pm, Walt Bower will be presenting on “Family Mentorship Program at the Human Development Institute at the University of Kentucky.”
- At the concurrent session on Tuesday, November 17 from 10:30-11:15am, Dr. Harold Kleinert will be participating in a panel on “Supporting the Growth of Inclusive Postsecondary Education: The Role of the UCED.”
- At the concurrent session on Tuesday, November 17 from 1:30-2:45pm, Stephanie Meredith will be presenting on “Using Communication and Rhetoric to Transform from a Project Director to a Thought Leader: Expanding the Scope of Your Project.”
Mark Leach, Stephanie Meredith, and Harold Kleinert will also be exhibiting materials from the National Center for Prenatal and Postnatal Resources during the entire conference, so please stop to see our new materials and find out how you can support new and expectant parents learning about different genetic conditions that can cause intellectual and developmental disabilities.