- HDI Reaches Notable Milestone with 100 Online Courses! May 20, 2019
- HDI 50th Anniversary Spotlight on Beth Harrison May 18, 2019
- Anderson County High School students awarded trips to HDI Summer Leadership Camp May 8, 2019
- HDI 50th Anniversary Spotlight on Laura Lamminen May 3, 2019
- HDI 50th Anniversary Spotlight on Tony Lobianco April 25, 2019
HDI has reached a notable milestone of 100 online courses, including 4 in development! HDI launched online learning initiative for early childhood in 2004 with the 6-hour ECOOL training for early childhood and education providers. HDI’s early education online courses began to grow rapidly in 2012 to include online courses about ways to provide safe and inclusive environments for all children. By 2014, online learning started to be utilized for health issues and for K12 education in 2015. Now, the courses cover an array of topics, including early childhood education (31), K12 Special Education (24), training for early care and education trainers (22), medical training (11), transition education (7), training for children’s libraries (3), health education initiatives (1), and departmental education (1). Check out all the courses in our Online Learning Center!
The HDI Learning Center has grown as our staff have seen the potential for reaching a wider audience. Our online courses use innovative and non-traditional assessment of learner knowledge, using active learning principles. In addition, we strive to provide the most accessible training, using universal design principles and ensuring content can be accessed across multiple devices and browsers. —Patti Singleton, Professional Learning CoordinatorHDI Reaches Notable Milestone with 100 Online Courses!Read More…