- HDI Student Planning Still We Rise Banquet to Honor Resiliency of Fellow UK Students November 20, 2018
- Fall Seminar: School Bullying, Students with Disabilities, and School Safety November 7, 2018
- Lexington ADA Taskforce Leads the Way on State Residential Code Changes Toward Universal Design! November 1, 2018
- Cerebral Palsy’s No Match for this Kenpo Karate Warrior October 15, 2018
- HDI Speakers Featured at Post-Secondary Education Workshop in Louisville October 15, 2018
Last year, as part of their studies in the Human Development Institute’s (HDI) Universal Design Certificate Program, two undergraduate students, Lauren Brown and Kennedy Guess, wrote and received an Inclusive Excellence Student Program Grant for $9,975. The Inclusive Excellence funds were awarded to the HDI in September to host a Still We Rise banquet that will recognize the strengths and resilience of students who have overcome extreme circumstances. Along with the Human Development Institute, partners on the Still We Rise banquet include the UK Disability Resource Center, Student Support Services, and the Martin Luther King Center.
Nominations are now open for the Still We Rise 2019 award. To nominate a student, submit a brief personal statement from the student, student resume, and a letter of support from UK faculty/staff or from a fellow student. Deadline to nominate is December 15, 2018. All materials can be submitted electronically to Kennedy Guess: firstname.lastname@example.orgHDI Student Planning Still We Rise Banquet to Honor Resiliency of Fellow UK StudentsRead More…