- Research Brief Winter 2016 (December 1, 2016)
- Fall Seminar: “Establishing Trust: Developing Community Engaged Networks that Reach Underserved Rural Populations” (November 10, 2016)
- HDI Fund for Excellence Awarded for Rural Clinic Assessment for Accessibility Project (October 28, 2016)
- UK HDI and Southeast ADA Center Renew Partnership to Provide ADA Guidance (October 18, 2016)
- New Agreement Opens Up Dual Enrollment for High School Students with Disabilities (October 18, 2016)
Healthier Together! A Dyad Approach to Inclusive Health & Wellness Programming
For people with disabilities, maintaining health and wellness is essential to self-sufficiency, becoming or staying independent, actively participating in the community, and preventing the onset of secondary health conditions. This research brief highlights the pilot efforts of the Health Partners project that works to incorporate a dyad social structure with inclusive universal design for learning strategies for health and wellness programming geared towards individuals with intellectual disabilities and a partner of their choice.
by Lindsey Mullis, Megan Jaspersen, Tela Warren, Alice L. Rhodes, & Rachel Jacob