- Welcoming Kathy Sheppard-Jones as Interim HDI Executive Director (July 1, 2015)
- Celebrating the Impact of Harold Kleinert (June 30, 2015)
- HDI Helps Support National Sibling Leadership Network Conference in Louisville (June 29, 2015)
- HDI Announces 2015 Kevin Burberry Award Winners! (June 24, 2015)
- New HDI Website Launch! (June 17, 2015)
On July 1, 2015, Dr. Harold Kleinert will retire after decades of dedicated service as the Executive Director of the University of Kentucky’s Human Development Institute. In the past two weeks, we have celebrated his contributions with an HDI All Staff meeting that included a “hostile takeover” with a jeopardy trivia game, top ten list, and brown bag lunches (in honor of Harold’s traditionally frugal apple and cheese sandwich lunches). The university also held a retirement reception on Friday, May 26 that included staff and faculty from the University of Kentucky, our state agency partners, and especially families, their children, and the self-advocates who have worked with us so closely over these years. Thanks also for the planning committees for doing a beautiful job!