- Cerebral Palsy’s No Match for this Kenpo Karate Warrior October 15, 2018
- HDI Speakers Featured at Post-Secondary Education Workshop in Louisville October 15, 2018
- KentuckyWorks Louisville Employment Community Conversation October 12, 2018
- Alternative High School Diploma Update October 11, 2018
- Tracking Employment Progress in KY for Students with Disabilities October 11, 2018
by Darrell Mattingly
I was born and raised in rural Marion County, Kentucky. After high school, I attended the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY where I received two Bachelor’s Degrees in Computer Science and Mathematical Science with a minor in Statistics. I’m currently a web designer and developer for The Human Development Institute at the University of Kentucky. I also serve on many non-profit boards which assist the disabled community, including the Adaptive Martial Arts Association.
I was born with Cerebral Palsy and use a walker and motorized wheelchair to get around. After years of renting, I purchased a home in 2013 and enjoy personalizing it. I also enjoy pursuing my passion of martial arts and currently hold the rank of Nidan (2nd Degree Black Belt) in traditional Kenpo Karate.Cerebral Palsy’s No Match for this Kenpo Karate WarriorRead More…