- Bottom Dollars, a Rooted in Rights original documentary, screening on July 27 July 20, 2017
- Remote Staff Spotlight: Stephanie Meredith July 11, 2017
- Research Assistant Spotlight: Bradley McDaniels June 30, 2017
- Lisa Dunkley Named Winner of the 2017 Paul Kevin Burberry Award June 28, 2017
- Updated “Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis” book Available Now June 22, 2017
The UK Human Development Institute invites you to a FREE screening of the film Bottom Dollars, a Rooted in Rights original documentary. This FREE and open to the public event will occur at The Center for Rural Development in Somerset, Kentucky and is presented by the UK-Human Development Institute, the Commonwealth Council on Developmental Disabilities, and Kentucky Protection & Advocacy (P&A).
This film exposes the exploitation of nearly 250,000 people with disabilities in the U.S. that are legally being paid less than the minimum wage. The documentary calls for the phase-out of the unfair practices of sub-minimum wages and sheltered workshops, and offers solutions for fair wages and inclusive employment.Bottom Dollars, a Rooted in Rights original documentary, screening on July 27Read More…